Job title: Regional Development Manager, Ireland
Contract: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Salary: Up to 47K Euros
Hours: Part Time - 3 days (21 hours per week)
Location: Home based in Ireland
The Chartered Governance Institute (CGI) is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (CGIUKI) is the largest division within the group.
The Regional Development Manager for Ireland is an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role in the growth of CGI in the region. The role will manage, maintain and raise awareness of governance excellence, raise standards and the quality of service to meet employer and member needs. The role supports the delivery of CGI qualifications, training and member services and will identify new opportunities for CGI to strengthen engagement with employers, training providers, CGI members and potential members.
- Increasing the number of students and learners by identifying and winning business from new and existing employers and tuition providers
- Positioning CGI’s full range of qualifications and training services to support existing employers and developing relationships with new across the region
- Increasing demand for CGI products and services by engaging with business and their networks
- Work with the Irish Council and CGI HQ to agree activities that support business development plans.
- Support the Events Committee in the delivery of an events programme that delivers regional CPD opportunities and recruitment events for students.
- Be the first point of contact for regional partnerships with professional bodies, employers and recruitment agencies in the region.
- Set and manage the expectations of stakeholders, keeping them regularly informed of progress through written reports.
- Act as a relationship manager for Council, members and employers in the region.
- Engage with senior decision makers at existing employers and tuition providers to increase sales of CGI’s products in the region.
- Identify and target leading tuition providers within the region with the ability to grow student numbers.
- Support employers seeking to develop bespoke training solutions
- Meet commercial sales targets by selling CGI’s products and services to employers and tuition providers.
- The Irish market for governance professionals, and the needs of employers to train and develop them
- The Institute’s products, services, practices and values
- The principles of content management, CRM and social platforms
- Numerate, commercially aware and data-driven
- Previous experience working with volunteers is desirable
- Previous experience of membership organisations and knowledge of the governance profession is desirable
- Business Development experience is desirable
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Events experience is desirable
- A market development mindset and approach to growth; keen to connect to and widen CGI’s member base and strengthen the Institute’s impact and reach
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Good written and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and resolve problems proactively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to facilitate contributions to and support for your activities.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills who can establish credibility quickly, build effective relationships and act as a true ambassador for CGI in the Region
- A proactive team player with a customer first, collaborative and solution focused approach
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to easily adapt to change
- Works with good humour and resilience
- Able to work early mornings and evenings occasionally, and to undertake some UK travel (subject to government guidelines)
Our purpose and values
Purpose: To Champion good governance and develop the value, skills and effectiveness of governance professionals.
We do this by:
- Assuring world class standards in governance
- Supporting governance professionals in achieving their professional goals
- Promoting the contribution of good governance to economic and societal value and wellbeing
Ethical - we do the right thing for our colleagues, members and the benefit of society
Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession
Collaborative - we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise and influence policy
Empowering - as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community and a voice for all
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity please send a CV and covering letter to Neil Newman, Commercial Director: email@example.com