Job title: Customer Support Advisor (Contact Centre)
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Farringdon, London EC1N
Reports to: Contact Centre Team Lead
Salary: £23,000 per annum
The Chartered Governance Institute, UK and Ireland is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute, UK and Ireland is the largest division within the group.
Reporting to the Contact Centre Team Lead, the Customer Support Advisor will be the first point of contact in all interactions with our customer and member base which includes: students, members, employers, and customers, ensuring a first class and personalised experience is delivered. The role is key in delivering exceptional customer service experience and improved customer satisfaction, retention rates and increasing sales of CGI qualifications, training, and memberships.
To fulfil CGI’s corporate objectives through the following:
- Being the first point of resolution for all customer and member related enquiries
- Providing customers and members with advice and guidance on next steps and their ongoing journey with CGI upselling and cross selling our training, qualifications, events and flagship conferences
- Developing and maintaining excellent communications with other teams to ensure a coordinated approach to all CGI’s commercial activities
- Undertaking the day-to-day operational functions relating to the team policies and procedures within agreed Service Level Targets
- Providing an excellent service to both internal and external customers, communicating effectively and courteously and providing information and advice on matters relating to the work of the Commercial Department.
- Provide support to the Membership Journey Team with assessing applications for student membership, new Associates and Fellows, administering exemptions, handling renewals and, upgrades and removals from the register of members.
- Providing follow up support for the Relationship Managers
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Communicate effectively, promptly, courteously, and accurately with customers regarding CGI memberships, subscriptions, education products, events, training, and other general enquiries.
- To meet or exceed the 95% target set for calls.
- To meet or exceed the 95% target set for emails within agreed SLA’s
- To meet the 100% target set for logging of service requests and escalating more in-depth calls on to the Membership Journey Team.
- Record all customer interaction via our CRM, whilst ensuring that it is continually updated according to set procedures.
- Process payments for CGI conferences and events
- Engagement and outbound activities
- Deal with student queries relating to study and exams
- Undertake welcome calls to assist onboarding and retention
- Proactively undertake appropriate follow-up activity to support conversion and retention
- Actively promote benefits of membership including access to local branches and events
- Support promotion of CPD opportunities and declarations
- Take payments for memberships and subscriptions in accordance with CGI’s policy
- Responsible for encouraging members and students to remain with CGI and to also contribute to work on their retention
- Required to contribute to the progression targets via set exam campaigns in order to increase exam participation
- Recognise and refer sensitive issues arising from internal or external stakeholders to the Contact Centre Team Lead as appropriate.
- Take every opportunity to upsell and cross sell products as appropriate.
- Required to work to set team and individual financial targets.
- To ensure that CGI’s profile is enhanced through all customer interactions by ensuring that a high level of care, professionalism and customer service is consistently delivered to our customers.
- Meet and exceed teams’ customer service standards.
- To actively learn from customer feedback, comments and suggestions, including complaints, and to communicate this knowledge to relevant colleagues.
- To contribute to the review and improvement of existing and new processes, and by doing so to anticipate other and future customers’ needs.
- Understand situations from the customers’ perspective so that appropriate and relevant solutions can be identified, in a timely and effective manner
- Attend training to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- The Institute’s products, services, practices and values
- The principles of CRM
- Numerate, commercially aware and data-driven
- Experience of working in a busy environment within a customer focused organisation, within an inbound and outbound call/contact centre environment
- Commercial experience desirable
- Used to operating on the phone, with a track record of success in developing customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Extremely IT literate
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work on own initiative and resolve problems proactively
- Ability to multi-task
- A proactive team player with a customer first, collaborative and solution focused approach
- Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work towards stretching targets
- Able to remain calm and patient under pressure and to easily adapt to change
- A can-do empathetic attitude with the ability to build a rapport
- Works with good humour, resilience, and agility
- Can act in accordance with The Chartered Governance UK & Ireland values:
- Ethical – we do the right thing for our customers
- Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession
- Collaborative – we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise, and influence policy
- Empowering – as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community, and a voice for all
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note: This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.