Job title: Finance Director
Location: Farringdon, London, EC1N
Reports to: Chief Executive
Purpose of job
To provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that financial commitments are met and to develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management, planning and control. To act as a strategic partner to the CEO, helping to support and shape decision making with financial insight.
- To advise the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team and committees on all matters relating to the financial performance of the Group.
- To provide strategic financial planning advice in support of the development of strategies and plans for growth and achievement of objectives.
- To lead the budgeting, forecasting and planning process and oversee the implementation of the annual budget.
- To prepare monthly accounts and other financial analyses and management information and present to senior management and committees.
- To develop and oversee the risk management process and maintenance of risk registers.
- To develop and implement appropriate accounting policies and financial controls.
- To work with investment advisers in developing the investment strategy, to assess investment manager performance and report to the Investment Committee.
- To ensure appropriate and adequate insurance policies are in place.
- To ensure all financial and fiscal compliance requirements are met.
- To lead and motivate the Finance Department team.
- To oversee all accounting work, processes and the functioning of all financial control systems.
- To develop and implement of the annual internal audit programme in liaison with internal auditor and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To devise the annual audit plan in liaison with the external auditor and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To prepare the annual financial statements, oversee the annual audit process and report audit findings to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- To represent the Institute at meetings of the trustees of the Institute’s defined benefit pension scheme and to negotiate when necessary on behalf of the Institute.
- To oversee the Institute's relationship with, and provision of services to, the Chartered Secretaries’ Charitable Trust.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, the actual duties and responsibilities may vary from the particulars of this job description.
- Excellent commercial and strategic acumen and business knowledge
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Working with Boards and committees
- Experience or good understanding of the professional body membership sector
- Extensive experience of operating at senior management level
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a finance team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strategic thinking skills
How to apply
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/85992.
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com.
All applications will receive an automated response.
All candidates are also requested to complete an online Diversity Monitoring Form which will be found at the end of the application process.
In line with GDPR, we ask that you do NOT send us any information that can identify children or any of your Sensitive Personal Data (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and/or biometric data) in your CV and application documentation. Following this notice, any inclusion of your Sensitive Personal Data in your CV/application documentation will be understood by us as your express consent to process this information going forward. Please also remember to not mention anyone’s information or details (e.g. referees) who have not previously agreed to their inclusion.
If you have any queries or would like more information in regard to this document, please contact:
D: +44 (0)207 367 9753
M: +44 (0) 798 941 0310
PA: Kelly Stokes, Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Recruitment ongoing