Job title: Finance Director
Location: Farringdon, London, EC1N
Reports to: Chief Executive
Purpose of job
To provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that financial commitments are met and develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management, planning and control.
- To advise the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team and committees on all matters relating to the financial performance of the Group.
- To provide strategic financial planning advice in support of the development of strategies and plans for growth and achievement of objectives.
- To lead the budgeting, forecasting and planning process and oversee the implementation of the annual budget.
- To prepare monthly accounts and other financial analyses and management information and present to senior management and committees.
- To develop and oversee the risk management process and maintenance of risk registers.
- To develop and implement appropriate accounting policies and financial controls.
- To work with investment advisers in developing the investment strategy, to assess investment manager performance and report to the Investment Committee.
- To ensure appropriate and adequate insurance policies are in place.
- To ensure all financial and fiscal compliance requirements are met.
- To lead and motivate the Finance Department team.
- To oversee all accounting work, processes and the functioning of all financial control systems.
- The development and implementation of the annual internal audit programme in liaison with internal auditor and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To devise the annual audit plan in liaison with the external auditor and Audit & Risk Committee.
- To prepare the annual financial statements, oversee the annual audit process and report audit findings to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- To represent the Institute at meetings of the trustees of the Institute’s defined benefit pension scheme and to negotiate when necessary on behalf of the Institute.
- To oversee the Institute relationship with, and provision of services to, the Chartered Secretaries’ Charitable Trust.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, the actual duties and responsibilities may vary from the particulars of this job description.
- Excellent commercial and strategic acumen and business knowledge
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Extensive experience of operating at senior management level
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a finance team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strategic thinking skills
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your experience to email@example.com
Closing date: Recruitment ongoing