Job title: Insight Executive
Location: Farringdon, London EC1N
Reports to: Commercial Director
The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the largest division within the group.
Responsible for CGI business and market research programme and sources of insight from both within the membership, training providers, employers, the governance sector and the broader business environment.
Supporting the CGI’s Business Plan objectives and commercial strategy by developing and managing strategies and plans to maximise CGI’s business performance and brand potential.
- Insight – scope and provide high quality stakeholder and market insight to facilitate and inform key business decisions.
- Research – Develop and manage research projects to support the ongoing collection of insight.
- Product development – working with colleagues across Learning and Development, Contact Centre, Business Development, Employer Engagement and Marketing to provide robust insight and evidence based strategic input into the CGI’s product development and content plan.
Skills / knowledge:
- Understanding and experience of developing and managing strategies and implementing plans with particular relevance to customer insight, research and product development.
- Experience of working with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Experience of project / resource management, budgeting and scheduling.
- Highly organised, strategic and creative thinker with an inclusive and ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving.
- Proven ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise work-flow
- Proven ability to analyse complex data and provide reports on findings and evidence base in a clear and accessible form for a broad audience.
- Develop and maintain a business and market research strategy to inform decision making about future CGI developments and to ensure products and value propositions remain fit for purpose.
- Using qualitative and quantitative methodologies to curate customer insights to support CGI business plans and customer/member value propositions.
- Drive market landscape data and competitor analysis activity to support business decision making.
- Develop high quality market knowledge and an understanding of the key audiences and their objectives and motivations for CGI products, services and subscriptions.
- Ensure the CGI product range is relevant and decisions are informed by up-to-date insight and research.
- Co-ordinate and maintain customer segmentation profiles and reports to help inform strategic decision making across the business.
- Be fully conversant with the characteristics, trends and opportunities of the operating market including:
CGI members, students, graduates and other subscribers
The wider governance profession and non-chartered routes
Continuing professional development
Key sector updates
Competitor products and the future impact of market developments
- Brief and apply the insight gained from appropriate tools and activities to gather feedback on CGI market, customers, products and support materials.
- Monitor trends relating to CGI qualifications, membership and subscriptions, and support plans to influence engagement levels.
- Co-ordinate regular insight reporting and organisational management information.
- Ensure customer focussed use of systems, technology and software.
- Collaborate with and support appropriate specialists to define market and customer requirements for CGI products ensuring relevant and appropriate content.
- Provide appropriate insight and contribute ideas to the new product development process.
- To work with other team members to ensure commercial opportunities are considered and aligned as appropriate.
Customer facing service
- Support value propositions for CGI customers through a high-quality service offer.
- Ensure that the customer value proposition for CGI members and subscribers is delivered through high quality content and UX activity within the CGI website and digital channels.
- Project Management techniques, including briefing and scheduling
- Knowledge of professional bodies, training and/or governance profession
- Knowledge of vocational education and qualifications
- Use of online research and survey tools
- Planning and managing multiple projects
- Briefing, co-ordinating and implementing research projects
- Facilitation of groups/meetings
- Facilitating focus groups
- Good project management skills
- Good negotiation, influencing, relationship building and persuading skills
- Numerate and analytical
- Excellent written and spoken English including presentation skills
- Strategy development/implementation
- Briefing and managing multiple projects
- Managing research projects
- Use of online research and survey tools
- Proven analyst, ideally with experience in undertaking and interpreting results from marketing campaigns.
- Articulate communicator, who can make the complex simple and tell stories
- Proven ability to work across different levels within the organisation
- Good understanding of statistical concepts
- Good commercial awareness and critical thinker
- Advanced experience of Excel, Microsoft Power BI
- Strategic and creative thinker with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Practical self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Results driven
- Professional and credible with the organisation
- Good team worker
- Strong customer focus
- Can act in accordance with The Chartered Governance UK & Ireland values:
Ethical – we do the right thing for our customers
Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession o Collaborative – we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise and influence policy
Empowering – as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community and a voice for all
- Degree or equivalent
- Relevant marketing and/or business development
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org