Job title: Learning and Assessment Lead
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Farringdon, London EC1N
Salary: £39,615- £45,000
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Head of Education and Learning
About the Institute
The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the largest division within the group.
Purpose of job
The Learning and Assessment Lead is responsible for the design and implementation of the Institute’s assessment models, taking a user-centred approach to assessment design and working within recognised qualification frameworks. Responsible for learning and assessment delivery via online platforms, supported by an Assessment Manager, two Learning and Assessment Administrators and colleagues from across the Institute.
- Work with the Head of Education and Learning to design and implement approaches to assessment across the Institute’s qualifications that are flexible, modern in design and delivery and in line with the Institute’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the assessment team in the production of assessment materials, whilst working to nationally recognised qualification frameworks and appropriate taxonomy. This includes initial planning, development and review, scheduling and operational delivery, and monitoring. This is in relation to all the Institute’s qualifications at chartered and non-chartered level.
- Manage the learning and assessment budget, including identifying and securing suppliers, pro-actively managing supplier contracts and relationships, tracking and advising on key contractual terms and dates, and keeping a firm hand on costs.
- Work with the Head of Education & Learning on the setting of budgets, KPIs, planning and resourcing for work area.
- Work with department colleagues from the Learning Standards and Learning Development teams in undertaking life-cycle reviews for all learning products, sourcing and working with subject matter experts (SMEs) as appropriate. Advise on any necessary changes to assessment methods.
- Ensure clear project objectives and deliverables are set for the development of assessment methods in relation to new and existing products.
- Track and report on current trends in learning assessment and changing learner expectations, and their impact upon the Institute’s offering.
- Manage the end-to-end assessment processes. This includes pre, during and post assessment
- Lead on ensuring the quality, integrity and security of all online systems and processes involved in the delivery of assessment, including embedding a cycle of review and continuous improvement.
- Work with the Learning Standards Lead to quality assure learning and assessment products and provide appropriate reporting to relevant committees and boards. This also includes collaboration on policy documents, rules and regulations for assessments
- Oversee the handling and response to any complex complaints relating to assessment and appeals.
- Support the Learning & Development and Commercial teams in the development of new learning products, advising on appropriateness for learners of the Institute
- Act as the “go to” person within the Institute for all queries regarding online assessment methods and delivery platforms and processes.
- Lead on recruitment, training and feedback for examining team members, such as assessment writers, markers and reviewers.
- Act as the point of contact for international divisions who are utilising Institute learning and assessment materials. Ensuring contractual obligations, payments and delivery schedules are met
- Work with the Head of Education and Learning, Marketing and other colleagues to agree suitable analytics and feedback loops to inform decision-making, and oversee their incorporation into organisational planning and reporting.
- Line manage the Assessment Manager and two Learning and Assessment Administrators.
- Develop a clear understanding of the governance landscape as a whole, including key organisations and individuals and current issues of concern, and where required ensure other members of the team are similarly briefed.
- Attend events as a representative for the Institute as required
- Occasional early mornings, late evenings and overnight travel may be required.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
- A good understanding of the learning and assessment function within the professional and membership body sector
- A good understanding of assessment frameworks at a higher level
- A familiarity with online learning platforms, remote invigilation, anti-plagiarism software and of contemporary learning practice
- Understanding P&L for L&D delivery
- A solid understanding of the use of MS Office in an office environment, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- At least three years in a Learning and Assessment role
- Educated to degree level or above
- Delivery of high stakes exams under strict operational guidelines, preferable online
- Commercial acumen, and familiarity with working to, and assisting with the preparation of, budgets
- Experience in the gathering of analytics and their use in driving decision-making
- Third party management
- Line management
- Speaking to influential and high-profile individuals, corporate partners, suppliers as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Multi project management, leading and co-ordinating multiple streams of work
- Excellent proven written, research and programming skills
- Excellent relationship building, networking and negotiating skills and the ability to collaborative with people at all levels
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills and an ability to work independently and problem-solve
- High degree of consistency and attention to detail in all work
- Independent and self-starting
- Resilient, flexible and open minded
- Gives feedback and support
- Can act in accordance with The Chartered Governance UK & Ireland values:
Ethical – we do the right thing for our customers
Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession
Collaborative – we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise and influence policy
Empowering – as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community and a voice for all
- Able to work flexibly based on business needs
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for this opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com