Job title: Learning and Development Lead
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Farringdon, London EC1N
Salary: £39,615- £45,000
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Head of Education and Learning
About the Institute
The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the largest division within the group.
Purpose of job
The Learning and Development Lead is responsible for the design and implementation of a blended model for the Institute’s learning products, taking a user-centred approach to the design and building of learning pathways. The work will draw upon market intelligence from the Commercial team and will be informed by current practice in learning design. Supported by a Learning and Development Support Manager and colleagues from across the Institute.
- Work with the Head of Education & Learning to design and embed approaches to learning and development that are flexible, modern in design and delivery and in line with the Institute’s strategic objectives. This applies to the Institute’s range of professional training and learning support, for the qualifications.
- Manage the learning and development budget, including identifying and securing suppliers, pro-actively managing supplier contracts, tracking and advising on key contractual terms and dates, and keeping a firm hand on costs.
- Work with the Head of Education & Learning on the setting of budgets, KPIs, planning and resourcing for work area.
- Supported by market intelligence from the Commercial team, lead on the development of new learning products and materials for delivery in a blended environment, including reviewing and re-positioning our existing (largely physical) training offer.
- Lead on the mapping of all learning content and materials to the Institute’s competency framework, and support colleagues in the Commercial and Membership teams in ensuring the framework is current and relevant.
- Track and report on current trends in learning and development and changing learner expectations, and their impact upon the Institute’s offering.
- Work with the Commercial and Standards team and other colleagues, to agree suitable analytics and feedback loops to inform decision-making, and oversee their incorporation into organisational planning and reporting
- Ensure clear project objectives and deliverables are set for the development of new and existing products.
- Work with department colleagues from the Learning Standards and Assessment teams in undertaking life-cycle reviews for all learning products, sourcing and working with subject matter experts (SMEs) as appropriate.
- Work with colleagues across the Institute to enhance our learning resources, including sourcing, collating and organising existing content from around the organisation, identifying gaps for new resources and bringing it all together into one learning “hub”.
- Act as the “go to” person within the Institute for all queries regarding the design and building of new and/or bespoke L&D opportunities.
- Collaborate with commercial and business development colleagues to identify suitable partners for L&D provision to widen the Institute’s reach into new audiences.
- Line manage the L&D Support Manager
- Line manage the bespoke Sports Governance Academy team and contribute to future design for the project.
- Develop a clear understanding of the governance landscape as a whole, including key organisations and individuals and current issues of concern, and where required ensure other members of the team are similarly briefed.
- Advise on use and appropriateness of systems and platforms, to support learning methods
- Attend events as a representative for the Institute as required
- Occasional early mornings, late evenings and overnight travel may be required.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
- A good understanding of the L&D function within the professional and membership body sector (supporting both qualifications and professional training)
- A good understanding of learning design and delivery
- A familiarity with learning platforms and of contemporary learning practice
- Understanding P&L for L&D delivery
- A solid understanding of the use of MS Office in an office environment, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- At least three years in an L&D management role, developing and launching products for professional markets
- Educated to degree level or above and/or L&D qualification
- Designed and delivered learning programmes based on skills gap analysis
- Commercial acumen, and familiarity with working to, and assisting with the preparation of, budgets
- Experience in the gathering of analytics and their use in driving decision-making
- Third party management of contractors and suppliers
- Speaking to influential and high-profile individuals, corporate partners, suppliers as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Managing team members
- Multi project management, leading and co-ordinating multiple streams of work
- Excellent proven written, research and programming skills
- Excellent relationship building, networking and negotiating skills and the ability to collaborative with people at all levels
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills and an ability to work independently and problem-solve
- High degree of consistency and attention to detail in all work
- Independent and self-starting
- Resilient, flexible and open minded
- Gives feedback and support
- Can act in accordance with The Chartered Governance UK & Ireland values:
Ethical – we do the right thing for our customers
Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession
Collaborative – we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise and influence policy
Empowering – as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community and a voice for all
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org