Job title: Learning Standards Lead
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Farringdon, London EC1N
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Head of Education and Learning
About the Institute
The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the qualifying and membership body for governance with 130 years’ experience of educating and supporting governance professionals. It has in excess of 34,000 students and members worldwide and provides professional development, guidance, career opportunities and thought leadership for the governance profession. The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland is the largest division within the group.
Purpose of job
- Ensure that all Institute learning products are delivered to a high standard and in line with the Institute’s strategic objectives, that appropriate procedures are in place to evaluate and validate performance against those objectives. This includes chartered and non-chartered qualifications, digital learning support materials and wider professional development training products.
- Manage the Learning Standards budget, including pro-actively managing contracts with partners, external examiners, moderators, and others involved in delivery. Track and advise on key contractual terms and dates, keeping a firm hand on costs.
- Work with the Head of Education & Learning on the setting of budgets, KPIs, planning and resourcing for work area.
- Work with department colleagues and the commercial team, providing input and advise as required on standards for new product development.
- Track and report on current trends in educational and learning standards and their impact upon the Institute’s offering and undertake regular benchmarking against other professional bodies.
- Lead on the implementation, maintenance and review of student rules and regulations across the Institute’s qualifications, including advising on arrangements for more complex admissions and exemptions.
- Lead on all quality assurance of all tuition providers, university partners and accredited certificates, including ensuring that all programmes are in line with Institute standards and objectives, attending validation meetings, undertaking regular monitoring and managing renewals.
- Recruit and manage all external examiners, moderators and others representing the Institute in moderation and assessment for accredited programmes, including agreeing terms of office and organising appropriate training.
- Work with department Leads on the collation of feedback from students, examiners, tutors and others involved in the delivery and consumption of learning, and its folding into future planning.
- Monitor and report on student enrolments and pass rates, and produce papers, reports etc on quality assurance matters for the Institute’s Qualifications Committee and Assessment Review Panel, and brief senior colleagues as required.
- Work with the Learning & Development and Assessment leads to ensure quality assurance of all learning design and assessment materials.
- Working with the Head of Education and Learning, maintain and keep under review Institute guidance and procedures for work area, and produce committee papers, reports on learning standards and quality assurance matters as required.
- Develop a clear understanding of the governance landscape as a whole, including key organisations and individuals and current issues of concern, and where required ensure other members of the team are similarly briefed
- Attend events as a representative for the Institute as required.
- Occasional early mornings, late evenings and overnight travel may be required.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
- A good understanding of the quality assurance and standards function within the professional and membership body sector
- Good understanding of the university sector, particularly postgraduate provision and quality-assurance
- Good understanding of the national qualifications framework
- Understanding P&L for quality assurance delivery
- A solid understanding of the use of MS Office in an office environment, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- At least three years in a quality assurance and standards role in an educational, qualifying body or membership environment
- Educated to degree level or above and/or teaching qualification
- Experience of working across a variety of learning and assessment products
- Experience of working with tuition partners and/or other third parties involved in the development and delivery of qualifications
- Commercial acumen, and familiarity with working to, and assisting with the preparation of, budgets
- Experience in the gathering of analytics and their use in driving decision-making
- Third party management
- Speaking to influential and high-profile individuals, corporate partners, suppliers as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Multi project management, leading and co-ordinating multiple streams of work
- Excellent relationship building, networking and negotiating skills and the ability to collaborative with people at all levels
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills and an ability to work independently and problem-solve
- High degree of consistency and attention to detail in all work
- Independent and self-starting
- Resilient, flexible and open minded
- Gives feedback and support
- Can act in accordance with The Chartered Governance UK & Ireland values:
Ethical – we do the right thing for our customers
Expert – we think independently to promote understanding of the value of good governance and of our profession
Collaborative – we work with others to deliver quality services, share expertise and influence policy
Empowering – as lifelong learning partners, our knowledge supports our members, providing recognition, community and a voice for all
How to apply
If you'd like to apply to this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com