Charity Governance Summit Prize Draw (The "Promotion") Online Rules
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter's websites, also apply to this Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
- Residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, The Chartered Governance Institute and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 28 September 2020 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 28 September 2020 (the Promotion Period). Any entries received outside the Promotion Period will be void.
- Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- To enter you must provide your contact information on the survey form on the Survey Monkey website during the Promotion Period only, and complete and submit the entry form.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
- There will be 2 winners. One grand prize and one runner up prize.
- The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other participants.
- The grand prize is a free place on the virtual Essential Charity training on the 1 December 2020 and the runner up prize is a print version of the Charity Handbook and Checklists publications.
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 7 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be delivered or the winner will be registered for the course within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The Promoter will collect and process participants' personal information. Information provided by participants will only be used for the purpose of conducting this Promotion (including for prizes to be delivered) and data will be deleted within 7 days of the prize being awarded, unless you choose to opt-in to receiving further marketing information at the point of submission.
- Participants' surnames and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are the winner of the Promotion in accordance with regulatory requirements. This includes making their name available on the Promoter's websites, in email and on social media platforms.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion.
- Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant's ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter's website (the Website).
- If you are a resident of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland). If you are a resident of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this Promotion is The Chartered Governance Institute, Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS (the Promoter).