Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Three Spires Trust
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Three Spires Trust seeks to recruit a new non-executive director to the board, with board experience in HR and in communication/IT. This is a new lively academy trust bringing three church schools into a family of schools within Lichfield Diocese. Board meetings will be held in Stafford when safe to do so. Applicants of all faiths and of none are welcome.
The trust comprises St Peter's Collegiate Academy in Wolverhampton, St Thomas CofE Primary Academy in Kidsgrove and The Kings Academy, Kidsgrove. The schools are grouped into two embryonic hubs - one in Wolverhampton and one in Kidsgrove, near Stoke on Trent. One of the trust's schools is coming out of a period of flux and the trust is working closely with the school to establish a firm foundation for steady improvement in the future.
The trust presently educates 2,170 students, it has 259 staff and a budget of approximately £14m. As a Church trust, the trust is delighted to celebrate and develop Christian Distinctiveness in fresh and imaginative way within every aspect of the life.
The board seeks a business leader with board level experience in
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Complete the laying of sound foundations for the operations of the new trust.
- During the first twelve months, the trust will review what support will enable the schools to move to Outstanding and begin to put that into place.
- Continue to explore with the Diocesan Board of Education the strategic contributions that Three Spires could offer.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
When you select Apply now you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.