Trustee at The Queen Katherine Multi Academy Trust
The Queen Katherine School Multi Academy Trust (QKS MAT) seeks two new non-executive directors to join its board. Board meetings take place at the trust's schools and rotate between Kendal and Walney Island near Barrow. During the pandemic, meetings were held on Zoom and virtual attendance is an option for the future when appropriate. This is a great opportunity for a non-executive to take on their first role.
QKS MAT was founded in 2011, originally just with The Queen Katherine School as a converter academy. Walney School joined the trust in 2014 and George Hastwell School joined in 2015. All schools are within the South Lakes area, and QKS was the sponsor for both Walney and George Hastwell School. All three schools are currently graded Requires Improvement by Ofsted but have all been awaiting re-inspection since Spring 2020 which has not happened due to the current pandemic.
The mission of the trust is to provide 'A bright and fulfilling future' and its values all focus on the benefits for students and their future life prospects in their own individual school settings and communities.
Trust website is here: https://www.qksmat.org.uk/
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Strategic Leadership (change management, growth management) and/or
- Entrepreneurial and business management
Throughout your term of office (typically 4 years, but this may vary between trusts), you will be an active contributor to key board decisions. Specifically in the next 12 - 24 months the trust's key focus areas will be:
- Schools becoming Good at their next inspection - the trust awaits inspection and is confident that all three schools are on a clear and progressive journey to Good.
- Growth - the Government has made it clear that the growth in academies is back on the agenda and the trust has developed an open approach to offering the opportunity to merge or join to other local schools.
- Development of Hub schools - as the trust believes Cumbria and South Lakeland are not the easiest to travel between, it aims to develop the concept of Hub Schools, to focus more specifically on the community in which the Hub School and fellow schools are situated.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
When you select the option to Apply you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
More search results
Non-executive director/Trustee at NEAT Academy Tr…
Non-executive director/Trustee at Our Community M…
Non-executive director/Trustee at King's Group Ac…
Non-executive director/Trustee at Stramongate SAT
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Palladian Acade…