Non-executive director/Trustee at Northern Star Academies Trust
The Academy Ambassadors Programme is service funded by the Department for Education, to match senior business leaders with academy trusts looking to strengthen their boards. By working together, inspirational educationalists and talented business leaders can provide a better future for the next generation.
Founded in April 2015, Norther Star Academies Trust has grown progressively in the ensuing period, with eight schools now operating across the dynamic partnership of primary and secondary phase education, serving the vibrant communities of Keighley, Skipton and Harrogate. NSAT is unique in its contextual differences and yet united in its deeply held belief in the power of great education to change lives. The trust aims for collaboration to allow it to build on each school's strengths, ultimately offering the greatest impact on the broader trust community.
The board seeks two business leaders with board-level experience from a range of sectors, including:
IT/Digital Technology, OR
Throughout your term of office (typically 4 years, but this may vary between trusts), you will be an active contributor to key board decisions. Specifically, in the next 12 - 24 months the trust's key focus areas will be:
- Diversity and inclusion - embedding our SEND, inclusion, wellbeing and flexible working strategies across the Trust at all levels;
- Curriculum - development of an approach to learning across the whole curriculum, that takes advantage of and keeps pace with the latest EdTech and digital innovations to ensure all children benefit from a modern and relevant method of education;
- Environmental - ensuring a reduction in carbon footprint through a green and sustainable curriculum--and the policies that underpin the whole organisation--and an innovative use of the trust's estate.
In the longer term, the trust has a particular focus, over a five-year timescale, to find new solutions to delivering green, relevant and sustainable education.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/4-6hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
When you select the option to Apply you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs). Academy trusts exist to improve the outcomes of young people. At the highest levels of governance, they need highly skilled individuals with a variety of experiences to hold executive leadership teams to account. Insights from a wide-range of backgrounds, ensure that boards are able to make informed choices on decisions that impact the lives of children and staff.
More search results
Non-executive director/Trustee at Harbour Learnin…
Non-executive Director/Trustee at The Tilian Part…
Non-executive director/trustee at Scholars Academ…
Non-executive Director/Trustee at BMAT Education
Non-executive Director/Trustee at Vision MAT