Non-executive director/Trustee at Stramongate SAT
Stramongate School is a single academy trust with an Ofsted rating of Good. The trust's vision is 'Be kind, work hard and discover' and the trust aims to ensure wellbeing is at its core, enabling children and staff to thrive.
The Society of Friends founded the school in 1698. Today, the school looks for a further community governor with primary education experience. The current community governors are currently drawn from a variety of different backgrounds including the NHS, School Leadership and Private Sector (HR). The trust serves 291 pupils and has a budget of £1.6m.
The board seeks two business leader with experience in:
- Education Leadership OR
- Entrepreneurial and Business Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Addressing falling school rolls and ensuring financial stability
- Ensure effective Covid recovery
- Supporting and building the well-being of both staff and children.
- Improving all outcomes and prospects for children, both academically and holistically.
- Building capacity within the school across all areas of the workforce.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H0000028hGq/ToYxHoj9yFFr2B33oG2mDo.t2NuOg3hmZ237AKujxfQ
When you select the option to Apply you will be redirected to the Academy Ambassadors webpage where you will find a full role specification with more details of the opportunity and the trust, including details of how to apply for the position.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
More search results
Non-executive at Interaction and Communication Ac…
Non-executive Director/Trustee at The Tilian Part…
Non-executive Director/Trustee at Selby Education…
Non-executive at Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy…
Non-executive director/Trustee at The Priestley A…