Trainee – Company Secretarial, Corporate Governance & Compliance
- ONE Advisory Group
- Central London and at home
- £25-30k dependent on experience and qualifications
- Job title
- Trainee / Internship, Company secretarial assistant, Governance officer/assistant
- Job type
- Full time
About the company
ONE Advisory provides outsourced finance, company secretarial and advisory services, primarily to listed corporate clients from its City of London offices. Our clients span a wide range of industries, including food and drink, mining, online retail, media, IT and building services. Founded in 2006, ONE Advisory’s strength lies in the quality of our people. We invest heavily in our team and provide opportunities to obtain enhanced professional qualifications and to progress your career within ONE Advisory. Our team comprises a mix of chartered governance professionals and trainees undertaking their qualifications.
About the role
As an Executive, with support from the team, you will be handling the day-to-day compliance and company secretarial duties of a portfolio of corporate clients, including:
- attending clients’ board and committee meetings, preparing meeting packs and writing minutes from the meetings.
- advising on corporate governance matters under the corporate governance codes.
- advising on compliance with company law.
- completing filings with Companies House and maintaining company books.
- general MAR and AIM compliance duties.
The successful candidate will be expected to be client-facing from the outset and will be afforded significant client relationship responsibilities early in the role. Over time, the candidate will be expected to increasingly contribute to assisting ONE Advisory in being a trusted advisor to its clients and become well versed in elements of corporate regulation, including the UK listing regime, the corporate governance codes, the Market Abuse Regulation and UK company law. The role will also provide an opportunity to get involved with business development, writing articles for the website and building relationships.
ONE Advisory funds its trainees’ professional CGI exam fees and provides paid study leave to support them in their training to become a qualified Chartered Governance Professional.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in a hybrid model and to work from our offices at least 3 days a week to enhance training and development opportunities and to develop relationships with the team.
ONE Advisory is looking for an ambitious, career-driven, graduate trainee to join our Company Secretarial, Corporate Governance & Compliance team. Accordingly, we are looking to recruit those with the following characteristics or skills:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- well organised
- high level of attention to detail
- entrepreneurial spirit
- self-motivated and a team player
- a strong interest in pursuing a career as a corporate governance professional
- a degree in law, finance or another relevant subject (or relevant experience).
Although not essential, experience or knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
- working knowledge of the Companies Act 2006
- working knowledge of the Listing Rules and/or AIM Rules
- working knowledge of the Market Abuse Regulation
- an understanding of the UK Corporate Governance Code and/or the QCA Code
- experience with Companies House filings
- minute writing experience.