Deputy Company Secretary - FTSE-100
£120-140,000 + Excellent Benefits including LTIPs, London
This is a brand new role to establish a dedicated Secretariat of this recently FTSE-listed group. You will support the Company Secretary at a strategic and operational level to enhance the profile, services and controls of the Secretariat, drawing on an awareness of internal business needs and external industry and regulatory trends and make a proactive added value contribution to corporate governance as the company grows. The culture is fast-paced and would suit an agile problem-solver. We require a first-rate professional who is credible at board level and also ‘hands-on’ approach. You will also require the necessary drive to carve out a larger role for yourself over time and passion to stamp your mark on this new role and to develop the Secretariat function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage Company Secretarial input into the production of the Annual Report;
- Oversee the project management and compliance requirements of the UK plc AGMs and other shareholder meetings. Overseeing the parallel TSX and Canadian securities requirements corresponding to the AGM process;
- Lead on the Company Secretarial elements of any corporate actions including corporate restructuring, simplification and liquidation programmes, and other corporate actions as required;
- Proactively manage the share registration contract and relationship with the Registrar. Keep abreast of industry developments and work with the Registrar to deliver service improvements and cost savings;
- Liaise with the Investor Relations team as appropriate;
- Manage all annual and periodic regulatory filings required by applicable law or regulation, including responsibility for making any RIS/RNS announcements;
- Manage the day-to-day operations and ensure the best possible service is provided to key stakeholders;
- Board support and minuting of Board and Committee meetings;
- Maintain and update as required (at least annually) all corporate policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain the corporate governance processes and procedures manual.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualified with significant post qualification experience in a senior role in a fast-moving commercial FTSE environment;
- Thorough and practical knowledge of Companies Act, Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules and Market Abuse Regulation. Willingness to become familiar with Canadian disclosure rules and applicable securities laws, as supported by external counsel and the Legal group;
- Proven experience of working effectively and winning confidence with Board members at plc Board level;
- Strong track record in delivering results.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- The culture is fast-paced and would suit an agile problem-solver;
- Highly motivated and a self-starter;
- Credible and also ‘ hands-on’ approach;
- Exemplary organisational skills and attention to detail.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
More search results
Associate Corporate Secretary – Investment Manage…
Interim Governance Support – Not-for-Profit
Company Secretarial Assistant - Professional Ser…
Interim Project Manager (18m FTC)
Graduate/Trainee Company Secretarial - Graduate t…