- Atomic Weapons Establishment
- Reading, Berkshire
- £38000 - £50000 per annum + Every 2nd Friday off!
- Job Category
- Company secretarial assistant, Assistant company secretary, Governance officer/assistant
We need a Governance Officer to join our team at AWE to support effective execution of Governance.
Location: Hybrid and flexible working, with our offices based in Berkshire between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury with onsite parking and public transport services.
Salary: Open to negotiation depending on experience
What's exciting is:
This is a new role within a growing team. As a Governance Officer, you'll be instrumental in making the job your own as the expansion of work is just beginning. Your initiative and experience will be a valued asset.
You will be responsible for encouraging a culture of high-quality and proactive governance reporting and decision making, whilst identifying and delivering on opportunities for continuous process improvement and efficiencies.
A typical day for a Governance Officer could look like this:
- Managing input to governance meetings, ensuring that management information, proposals for decision or escalation, performance reporting and papers are proactively planned, coordinated, and delivered to the right quality and timelines to support effective decision-making by the Chairs and members of each governance forum.
- Provision of governance advice, guidance, and administrative support to meetings members on their duties and procedural and regulatory matters.
- Planning and conducting governance meetings to ensure that organisation is professionally managed, and meetings objectives are reached.
- Ensuring outputs, including minutes, actions, and decisions, are accurately documented, and followed up with relevant members.
We would like you to demonstrate or have experience of:
- Corporate governance and/or project or programme
- Awareness of governance process and procedures.
- Well-organised, proactive, flexible, and forward thinking.
- Familiarity with the Financial Reporting Council UK Corporate Governance Code or willingness to learn.
- Experience of managing and administering meetings, including the preparation of clear, accurate minutes.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
Why work for us?
AWE has been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK. So, when you work with us, you can take advantage of a great package of benefits and development opportunities on top of your salary including:
You can find out more about our benefits HERE
To apply: Please log into AWE Careers to submit your CV and a covering letter. Make sure that you highlight all relevant skills and experience for this job. Give us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be 60 minutes on TEAMS and scheduled during working hours.
If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy may close early. So don't procrastinate, refresh your CV and covering letter and apply now!
Or drop me a DM at Sunflower (Sunny) Montague | LinkedIn
(Sorry agencies - we don't outsource our roles)
More search results
Deputy Company Secretary – High Profile Regulator
Company Secretarial Administrator – London/Remote
Assistant Company Secretary - Fully Remote/London…
Governance Professional - Asset Management
Company Secretary - Chartered Accountants Practic…