Governance Business Partner
About the job
12-month Fixed Term Contract
Newcastle Upon Tyne, with Hybrid working
c£40,000 pa and great benefits including Health Cash Plan
Home, a place where you belong
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Governance Specialist where you’ll provide effective governance support and guidance to our boards, committees, and executive teams.
Typical day as a Governance Business Partner
- Support our Home Group Board and Company Secretary on all governance-related matters
- Deliver board, subsidiary, and committee meeting management
- Create agendas to ensure we focus on the crucial and relevant items
- Support Scottish and English governance and policy development
- Maintain key registers, legal and regulatory returns
- Collaborate and create close working relationships with executives, board member and committee chairs acting as a key point of contact
- Deliver high-level executive support to our Chief Executive, including diary management, meetings, travel arrangements and correspondence.
Fancy going home each day knowing that you have helped change our customers lives for the better. You’ll do that here, working for one of the Top 10 Great Place to Work in the UK!
- Ability to effectively challenge, negotiate and positively influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities
- Awareness of the principles of effective governance
- Experience in supporting board and or company secretariat functions
- Outstanding organisation skills, co-ordinating and quality assessing board papers with a high degree of accuracy
You’ll join Charlotte and our Risk & Governance team, we’re super passionate about what we do! We’re a supportive bunch and like to catch up over a cuppa virtually or in person.
- Flexible working hours, we’re open to agreeing a work pattern with you
- This is a hybrid role working 2 days from our brilliant new office in the centre of Newcastle and the rest of the week at home
- Able to use technology for preparing reports and presentations
- You’ll need a Basic DBS check done and we pay for that
A place where you belong
Great things happen when we can be ourselves at work. We want all our colleagues to be who they truly are here. Our internal diversity networks, peers and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) support us all to be our best. Together we make Home Group a great place to work!
What’s in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), increasing to 38 through length of service, the option to buy 5 more, a me day (to take off for whatever you fancy) and time for volunteering too!
- Flexible working hours (or we’re open to agreeing a work pattern with you)
- Health cash plan - saving you from £1140 per annum. We’ll cover your costs (and your children if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies, and lots more.
- This is a hybrid role working between one of our offices and you home
- We Grow Our Own colleagues (not literally of course!), when you’re ready for the next step in your career, you can grow with us
- Colleague wellbeing really matters to us. There are several tools and support available to help when you need them
Find out more
Click APPLY NOW to see our Governance Business Partner Job Description, find out about us and for help to apply. Sometimes we close a job early, so don’t delay or you might miss out. Finally, do let us know if there’s anything we can do, to help you shine in our process at email@example.com