Do you want a career within a business that is not driven by profit, but by providing excellent service? A career within a business that is sustained by a genuine community, with everyone coming together to support each other? A career with an amazing history and a bright future?
With a 118-year history, a mutual ethos and over 880,000 members, Benenden Health is a unique place to work. Whatever the department, no two days are ever the same and the opportunities are as diverse as the members we serve.
Benenden Health has an exciting Deputy Company Secretary opportunity within in its Corporate Governance Team. Reporting to the Company Secretary, you will provide high quality, professional company secretarial support for entities within the Benenden group, with specific responsibility as Company Secretary of The Benenden Hospital Trust.
Based in our York office, with hybrid working opportunities, and attendance when required at Benenden Hospital in Kent.
The role will be responsible for:
- Providing corporate governance support and advice to all entities within the Benenden group.
- Deputising for the Company Secretary, including attendance where required at Board of Directors, Board Committee and Member Council meetings and attendance at Benenden Health’s Annual Conference.
- As Company Secretary of Benenden Hospital Trust, supporting and advise the Board of Governors Chair, Hospital Director, Board of Governors and non-clinical sub-committees on corporate governance matters.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have:
- A relevant professional qualification, e.g. a qualified (chartered) Company Secretary.
- Comprehensive experience working in corporate governance.
- Effective communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience of Board-level interaction.
Working for a business with such a strong commitment to ‘doing the right thing’, you can expect a broad range of benefits, including;
- Free Corporate Benenden Health membership.
- Free Corporate Benenden Cash plan (helps towards Dental, optical and complimentary therapies).
- Free onsite car parking.
- Up to 35 days’ holiday including bank holiday and no weekend or bank holidays working.
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
- Discount available on other Benenden products.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Unlimited access to £500 Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme.
- Discount and cash back on hundreds of high-street retailers.
- Opportunity for hybrid working.
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free hot drinks.
- Free fruit.
- Employee engagement events.
- Supporting local charities.
- Onsite First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Free onsite gym.