This is an exciting permanent remote working role for a junior company secretary. You’ll enjoy our flexible approach to work and be set free from a constricting office environment. Being home based, you can leave the daily commute behind.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance whilst maintaining excellent standards of client service. We pride ourselves on delivering company secretarial services of the highest standard with a human touch.
Elemental is a multi award-winning boutique professional services firm having won major awards at each of the last three CGI Awards (2021, 2022 and 2023) including Service Provider of the Year twice. We carry out premium work that would not be expected of a firm of our size and you will get exposure to clients and their boards that you would never normally achieve in a big law firm.
Elemental was established in 2011 to offer specialist corporate services. We addressed a gap in the UK market for a provider who could bring together select functions of large professional services firms and deliver them in a more efficient and personalised way.
Today, we are a leading UK specialist of integrated legal, corporate secretarial, governance, accounting and tax advisory services. We work for US Law firms, Magic Circle Law firms and Top Tier City Law firms, as well as their clients, listed organisations and private companies.
About the Role
You'll be working as an Associate in our Company Secretarial team. The role is full time however flexible working is embedded in our culture and we would consider applicants seeking a four day a week role. Work outside of normal working hours and on weekends is actively discouraged.
Your role will be vital in supporting our strong client base including listed companies, financially regulated entities, third-sector clients and private trading companies.
The role would be perfect for someone with experience working with Diligent and entity management, but who is also interested in gaining greater exposure to board support and corporate governance.
The role will include the following:
- Incorporation of companies and other entities
- Providing full company secretarial services to clients.
- Updating and managing the Diligent Entities (formerly Blueprint) records for clients, including dealing with share allotments/transfer and changes to officers, confirmation statements etc.
- Advising clients on company secretarial compliance and governance matters where appropriate.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of clients.
- Developing the ability to support and attend board meetings, committee meetings, AGMs, taking minutes and advising on corporate governance.
- Developing board minute drafting skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes (although candidates meeting only some of the following criteria will be considered):
- a qualified or part qualified chartered secretary or solicitor or other legal professional;
- at least 2 years working in a professional services firm;
- knowledge of the Companies Act 2006;
- excellent knowledge of managing and operating Diligent Entities (formerly Blueprint);
- excellent inter-personal skills and a customer driven attitude;
- passionate about providing quality client service
- flexible and adaptive approach to work.
You'll earn the full-time equivalent of between £30,000 and £50,000 per year depending on experience and be able to take part in a bonus and commission scheme. You will also be provided with a competitive benefits package, including health insurance.
The role is genuinely remote and can be carried out anywhere with an internet connection. We provide all hardware required to perform the role.
All applications will be seriously considered and following review they will contact potential candidates via email to arrange a telephone interview.
If forgetting the daily commute and working flexibly sounds good they would love to hear from you.