Assistant Company Secretary - FTSE250 Windsor
Deliver a first-class service to the business and executive management across the full range of governance, company secretarial and share plans requirements of a global FTSE listed plc.
The right candidate will have an excellent technical knowledge and experience of working in a listed plc environment and will be expected to apply their expertise in improving processes, respond to business needs and take the function forward.
Responsibilities will typically include the following:
- Support the Company Secretary in managing the annual programme of Board and Committee meetings, draft agendas and upload Board and Committee papers using the online board portal
- Prepare papers for the Board and its Committees on governance matters, including the Company Secretary’s report to the Board
- Prepare regulatory news announcements, PDMR announcements and all other Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance & Transparency Rules compliance
- Annual Report & Accounts – some drafting and reviewing of the governance sections, provide guidance on structure and content of the report, especially in relation to any new narrative reporting requirements, arrange the distribution/mailing and liaise with the auditors during the verification process
- Working closely with the Group Reward team, manage the various executive share plans and the Sharesave scheme. Ensure the plans are run effectively and in compliance with legislation, liaising with the external administrators and manage the annual maturity and invitation processes. Main point of contact with the Trustee. Provide guidance on interpretation of scheme rules
- Main point of contact with registrars, review dividend documentation and regular shareholder communications, take responsibility for shareholder/registration matters
- Organise the AGM, draft the Notice of AGM and the Chairman’s script
- Involvement in administration of the non-UK subsidiaries across all regions, including execution of documents, powers of attorney, shareholder resolutions, obtaining notarisation and legalisation as required
- Companies Act compliance for the UK subsidiary companies (approx. 25 companies).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- ACIS or FCIS
- Able to demonstrate a very sound knowledge of the Companies Act and the core technical knowledge required to administer UK companies
- Experience of working in the company secretarial team of a listed plc or exposure to listed plc requirements through working for a professional services firm
- Thorough knowledge of the UK Corporate Governance Code and the Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules and familiarity with the Market Abuse Regulation
- Understanding / general experience of share schemes preferable
- Familiar with Blueprint Oneworld (ideally).