About The Role
We’re Entain. Our vision is to be the world leader in sports betting and gaming entertainment by creating the most exciting and trusted experience for our customers, revolutionising the gambling space as we go. We're home to a global family of more than 25 well-known brands, and with a focus on sustainability and growth, we will transform our sector for our players, for ourselves and for the good of entertainment.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, this role will be jointly responsible with the other Deputy Company Secretary based in Gibraltar for the day to day running of the Secretariat function, including developing and supporting the Group’s subsidiary companies programme and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory filings and reporting.
- Working with the other Deputy Company Secretary to create a best in-class programme of subsidiary governance for the Group, including developing a subsidiary corporate calendar, subsidiary director training, liaising with other functions to ensure the timely submission of report and accounts, simplifying the corporate structure with an extensive liquidation and rationalisation programme and incorporating subsidiary companies into the Group as a result of any acquisitions;
- Providing company secretarial support to the Group boards and committees, including preparation of board packs, drafting agendas, attending meetings and taking minutes;
- Supporting the Company Secretary with the Board Portal and ensuring company data is handled securely and confidentially;
- Day to day management of members of the Secretariat team including reviewing work, overseeing processes and supporting development. Lead contact for the business on day to day team matters;
- Compliance with listing and DTR rules, including the drafting of market announcements; regulations, company law and corporate governance guidelines;
- Compliance with MAR and management of the Group’s employee insider lists;
- Providing a range of support on Group company secretarial issues such as oversight of licenses, regulatory requirements and share scheme administration;
- Supporting the Company Secretary to manage regulatory requests for the Non-Executive Directors of the plc;
- Oversight of statutory compliance work (accounts filing, confirmation statements, maintenance of registers etc);
- Oversight of technical work including share allotments; shareholder meetings; board meetings; formations; dividends and articles changes;
- Liaising with third parties which undertake ancillary services such as registrars, Companies House, agents, custodians, trustees and liquidators as well as colleagues from other disciplines;
- Contributing to the production of the Annual Report and accounts and management of the AGM;
- Involvement with M&A transactions;
- Supporting the company secretarial elements of other ad-hoc group projects as required by the business.
Specialist Skills & Experience:
- Experience of subsidiary company governance;
- 5+ years’ experience in a UK listed company Company Secretarial team;
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006, UK Corporate Governance Code and applicable law and regulations;
- Familiarity with Isle of Man regulations helpful;
- Outstanding organisational, project management and IT skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment;
- Good analytical and written communication skills;
- Effective minute taking.
Competencies / behaviours:
- Diplomacy and tact: representing the Secretariat team inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to advise and influence people at all levels including external stakeholders and Board Directors;
- Ability to manage team members based in different regions remotely;
- Willingness share knowledge and experience to develop junior team members;
- Comfortable managing
- different workstreams and interacting with different teams and stakeholders;
- Ability to apply strategic thought and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to research and suggest innovative and best in class corporate governance practices to develop Entain’s secretariat and subsidiary programmes.
About The Company
We’re Entain. Our vision is to be the world leader in sports betting and gaming entertainment by creating the most exciting and trusted experiences for our customers, revolutionising the space as we go. We’re specialists in safer gambling and the company that is at the forefront of responsibility.
Combining technology and entertainment to build products that push the boundaries, Entain is home to a global family of more than 25 well-known brands – names such as bwin, Ladbrokes, Coral, Gala, Betdaq, and many more. With a focus on sustainability and growth, we will transform our sector for our players, for ourselves and for the good of entertainment.
Diversity and inclusion at Entain
As a global employer, Entain is committed to providing a safe, fun, and inclusive culture where our people feel like they truly belong. We are a multicultural business that values, celebrates and respects individual differences, so whatever your sexuality, gender, gender identity, ability, age, race, religion or belief, you will have a voice here, and the space to do your best work. Our diverse internal networks provide the support for you to express your views and make a positive difference, all for the good of entertainment.