Corporate Governance Administrator
The Corporate Governance Administrator plays a critical role in ensuring that professional, high-quality and proactive administrative and logistical support is provided across the range of UCAS’ governance activities.
The role sits within the Corporate Governance Team, which provides full secretariat services to a range of governance meetings including UCAS Group Board and Committee meetings, internal governance meetings, and manages all other elements of corporate governance activity. The role-holder will be required to become fully immersed in and conversant with the activities and priorities of the team and will work closely with a range of colleagues and stakeholders internally and externally including at a senior level.
The role is suitable for someone who is proactive and able to use their own initiative, has a keen eye for detail and is able to balance multiple tasks whilst ensuring that deadlines are met. A passion for the delivery of excellent customer service is paramount.
- High quality logistical, organisational and administrative support to the Corporate Governance Team in relation to governance meetings and activities. This will include:
- Planning and scheduling of the annual cycle of governance meetings, including but not limited to Group Board meetings, Committee meetings and Council meetings, and being responsible for associated diary/meeting arrangements
- Leading the logistical arrangements (travel, accommodation and catering) for governance meetings and events including Boards, Committees and the AGM
- Engaging with high level stakeholders such as the Executive Team, Board and Committee members and their offices
- Developing and maintaining document templates e.g. action logs/forward planners, and records e.g. delegated approvals register, governance meeting attendance tracker
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate contact list of Board, Committee and Executive Team members, and seeking updates as required
- Managing the Corporate Governance shared mailbox
- Coordinating receipt of and drafting content in support of Board and Committee reports and the Annual Accounts
- Coordinating arrangements for/outputs from the fortnightly Executive team meetings and monthly Management Board meetings
- Proof reading reports and other documentation
- Ensuring information presented on UCAS.com and internal sites, such as the Intranet and SharePoint, is accurate and up to date
- Other tasks of an administrative nature as required
- Support for the activities of the Business Support Team and wider Finance & Corporate Services business unit, as necessary.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Extensive experience in the provision of administrative services and diary management, ideally in an office based environment and to a range of customers/stakeholders including at a senior/Board level
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining positive, effective relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and customers across all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise changing workloads in a busy, fast paced environment
- Experienced in coordinating and managing small scale events/offsite meetings
- Is discreet and experienced in handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrates a proactive and flexible approach to work
- Offers excellent levels of customer service at all times and in all situations
- Works with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident in taking ownership of tasks and ensuring their completion to a high standard
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as individually
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office and especially Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy skills.
This role profile sets out the scope and main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such details may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the level of the post. All UCAS employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their role and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of their role and their level of responsibility
Our values in action:
- Customer-focused – We understand what our customers want, and we act on their changing needs.
- Collaborative – We collectively create an engaging and positive work environment.
- Accountable – We take ownership of our individual and organisational performance.
- Service excellence – We realise, grow, and maximise our potential.
- Trusted – Individuals are trusted to make informed decisions and take appropriate risks