Sitting in the Group PLC Secretariat team and working with a range of senior stakeholders, this role is responsible for supporting the Head of Secretariat and Senior Assistant Company Secretaries in providing a full governance and company secretarial service to the Group Plc and its subsidiary companies. This is a great role for someone looking to progress their company secretarial career, offering a wide range of experience across the business including a portfolio of Board/Committee exposure.
- To provide company secretarial assistance to the chartered company secretaries within the department ensuring that all entities remain fully compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006 and where relevant, compliance with all aspects of the UK Corporate Governance Code, regulatory requirements and the FCA’s Listing, Disclosure and Transparency Rules
- Responsible for arranging and full management of a portfolio of Group and subsidiary Board and Committee meetings including but not limited to:
- all Board/Committee meeting administration and logistics including site visits
- drafting and timely distribution of agendas, action logs, board paper reminders, Board and Committee packs
- attending and minuting of meetings
- production of governance related Board papers
- managing the updating of the corporate forward planner for the Board and Board Committees and ensuring all activities are initiated and completed in a timely manner
- To assist with governance projects that will improve the governance standards across the Group e.g. constitutional document updates, legal entity rationalisation projects, reviews of subsidiary governance frameworks and regular verification of Diligent Entities and statutory records.
- To provide assistance on all Board/entity related matters. Including:
- assisting with the appointment, induction process and on-going training for directors;
- assisting with the production of the Annual Report and preparation for the Annual General Meeting
- assisting with co-ordinating the year end process for subsidiary entities which includes the preparation and approval of year end accounts, conflicts of interest reviews and verification of Annual Report content;
- arranging for approval and sealing of contracts, drafting associated resolutions and maintaining records for subsidiary Boards
- To conduct horizon scanning for statutory and regulatory changes that could affect the Company including research on developing areas around governance and changes to regulation or legislation impacting FTSE listed companies