Company Secretarial Assistant
InfraRed Capital Partners is an international investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate. It operates worldwide from offices in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. With more than 190 professionals, it manages US$12bn of equity capital in multiple private and listed funds, primarily for institutional investors across the globe. InfraRed Capital Partners is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
InfraRed implements best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promotes ethical behaviour and has established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider community. InfraRed has been a signatory of the Principles of Responsible Investment since 2011 and has been awarded triple A+ score in 2019 PRI assessment.
InfraRed is a part of SLC Management which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life. Over the past 30 years InfraRed has established itself as a highly successful developer and custodian of core infrastructure, renewable energy and real-estate assets that play a vital role in supporting sustainable communities.
For more information go to www.ircp.com
To support the Company Secretary & DPO and Assistant Company Secretary and Governance team in providing a comprehensive range of company secretarial services to the business.
The role involves working within the Governance team and key stakeholders and supporting the Chairs of the Committees and Boards, Members UK and overseas boards, investment and other Committees in the discharge of their duties and ensuring that any decisions taken are recorded and implemented appropriately with reference to the principles of good governance at all times. In addition, identifying improvement opportunities focusing on process efficiencies, provision of accurate information / documentation and providing guidance to IRCP’s Partners, UK and overseas boards and committees.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supporting the Company Secretary and Assistant Company Secretary with the provision of practical guidance on the proper application and interpretation of corporate law in respect of the constitution, formation and performance of the business
- Arrange, attend and minute the Risk and Oversight Committee and quarterly fund review meetings for Infrastructure and Real Estate
- Support the induction programme for new joiners and ongoing training programme provided by the Company Secretarial team to the business
- Working with deal teams at beginning of transactions process to provide guidance/input as to the internal implications of structuring decisions, as well as assisting wherever possible with undertaking associated preparatory work wherever possible
- Supporting the Team in reviewing the Holding Structure Chart maintained by Company Secretariat and supporting the CS in administration around the Carried Interest structures
- Provide board support for Investment Committees and cover for transactional Investment Committee meetings as required providing ‘end to end' servicing, including agenda setting, meeting packs' review, minuting, following up on actions point etc.
- Assisting in updating Governance procedures, making recommendations for change in respect thereof and updating the Governance procedures manual
- Responsible for subsidiary governance and maintaining Diligent entities
- Oversees the accurate maintenance of the statutory registers for InfraRed and group entities and develops the use of Diligent Entities
- Managing Diligent Entities/Board training as required and assisting in the design and improvement of the Diligent portal for users across the group
- Managing and responding to KYC requests
- Compilation and analyses of reports generated from Diligent Entities; Ensuring that the internal Company Secretary workflow portal (FLOW) is updated
- Updating the corporate governance tracker with emerging risks or other research of relevance
- Ensuring that the PSC (Person with Significant Control) register is maintained
- Support the annual insurance renewal process through collation of statutory information
- Conduct an annual review of information relating to InfraRed entities held by third party service providers
- Managing the annual process to circulate, approve and file statutory financial statements with the Registrar of Companies
Skills and Qualifications
- Well organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Excellent administration skills and high level of attention to detail
- Confident dealing with people at all levels across the business
- Commercially aware professional, maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills / flexible with a ‘can do’ approach
- Sound knowledge of UK corporate law
- Good understanding of Diligent Boards/Entities
- Able to deliver quality written reports and minutes with excellent attention to detail
- Graduate with a degree from a well-respected university; law degree an advantage
- Working towards or completed The Chartered Governance Institute qualification (previously ICSA)
- Proven experience in a similar industry is beneficial