QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
- TEDI-London, TEDI-London Building
- Canada Water, London
- £30,849 - £35,476 inclusive of London Weighting
- Job title
- Company secretary, Governance roles
- Job type
- Full time
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role sits within the Registry and is responsible for the management of processes in relation to learning and teaching activity as well as quality assurance and enhancement. The team’s focus is to provide a positive student experience and ensure the maintenance of academic standards.
Please ensure you read the full PDF JD available on the TEDI-London careers page before applying. You can apply by clicking ‘Apply’ where you will be guided to send your CV and a supporting statement explaining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. This role closes at 12noon on Friday 5th December. We have organised an online opportunity for potential candidates to ask the Hiring Manager any questions you may have about this role before applying. You can register for this event, which will not be recorded, is not mandatory and does not count as part of the recruitment process –here. Shortlisting will take place on 6th December 2021, with the interviews taking place on 13th and 14th December 2021.
Within this role we require the successful candidate to act as the first point of contact for all quality assurance and enhancement queries for both staff and students. This will mean assisting the processing of student complaints, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the Student Records System (updating as required).
A proportion of the role will be supporting quality and enhancement activity, including programme validation, annual monitoring and programme modifications. Ensuring compliance with external bodies such as the OFS, QAA, OIA, SLC, UKVI and PSRB is vital, alongside servicing institution-wide committees.
A further list of the role requirements and essential criteria for this job are available in the JD PDF.
- Experience of HE administration
- Experience of servicing committees
- Ability to interpret and apply complex regulations and policies
- Ability to manage your own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Good level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to manage complex databases and manipulate data
- Experience of working with a broad range of personnel across an organisation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to suit the audience
- Awareness of confidentiality requirements when dealing with personal information
- A willingness to be hands-on and involved in activities that may not be within the role on a day-to-day basis – essential in a start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility and agility in approach
- A commitment to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
- First degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of current debates in the Higher Education sector
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.