Role title: Senior Governance & Compliance Officer
Reports to: Head of Governance & Company Secretary
As the pioneering workplace and facilities management body, our vision is to drive change for the future. To be the trusted voice of a specialist profession recognised, beyond the built environment, for its ability to enable people to transform organisations and their performance.
We empower professionals to upskill and reach their potential for a rewarding, impactful career. We do this by advancing professional standards, offering guidance and training, developing new insights and sharing best practice.
To support the Head of Governance, who is also the Company Secretary. Ensure regulatory compliance. Implement and maintain appropriate Governance across the organisation and provide secretariat support to the Board & Board Committees. Supporting the IWFM Community Governance and the delivery of the AGM & Awards and various cross functional organisational projects.
- Reviewing governance and constitutional process and ensuring both the delivery of activities and the development of, or continuous improvement of processes, policies, and formal documentation
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to the UK GDPR and the management of related processes including data breaches, the adherence to all data, retention and privacy policies including advising the business on GDPR and data compliance related queries
- Meeting management, formal Secretariat and stakeholder management and liaison for Board and Board Committees including accurate minutes and collation and distribution of committee papers
- Formal Corporate Governance activities; including Companies House administration, maintenance of corporate & governance registers and supporting the AGM.
- Support in the Management and set-up of the IWFM Impact Awards including the planning and allocation of the Judging Panels and Conflict management of Judges
- Risk Register ownership and management of the Corporate Risk update process internally
- Internal Audit co-ordination & undertaking of compliance audits across the business
- Developing, writing, and updating of policies, standard operating procedures, and governance processes; including Communities governance
- Dealing with relevant complaints, collating information, and writing reports; supporting with investigations of all types of complaints
- Support the Head of Governance with ad hoc duties
Role Specific Requirements
- Multitasker & ability to deliver at pace
- Hands on proactive delivery; some strategic thinking and solutioning
- Excellent Communication and stakeholder management at all levels, ability to influence and get involved with all staff and working cross functionally
- Proof reading, presentation preparation, external communications
- Self-sufficient & proactively look to resolve problems and find continuous improvement
- Keeping up to date with relevant & new legislation; including GDPR, H&S etc.
- Attention to detail and good presentation skills
- Accurate minute taking
Professional Qualifications/Accreditations and Experience
- Formal Secretariat knowledge and experience
- Experience and knowledge of Corporate Governance
- Experience and knowledge of project management
- Experience and knowledge of GDPR
- Experience working within a Professional Body – desirable
- An understanding of Company Law – desirable
- Process and project management
- Research and analysis and turning this into outputs
- Operational problem solving
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Visio, mind map tools
- Teams & Zoom Webinar
- Excellent oral and written skills; advanced use of Microsoft word & Excel
- Sensitivity, discretion, high EQ and political awareness
- Communicates with confidence and calmly in high-pressure environments.
- Proactive and driven, self-starter with an intrinsically virtuous work ethic
- A desire to collaborate and to be part of a team, but with the ability to work solo when needed
- Desire to seek out and improve current or inefficient process
- Trustworthy individual who respects confidentiality
- Happy to work outside the normal working hours when delivering projects or attending Board and Committee meetings [Including travelling to]
- Supportive and behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement IWFM.