Johnson Matthey is looking for a Senior Assistant Company Secretary to join our team supporting the Deputy Company Secretary with significant exposure to the Board and Audit Committee. With the recent arrival of our new CEO, Johnson Matthey is at an exciting time of change and for those passionate about the world of sustainability, we believe this opportunity to be an excellent next step to progress their career.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To act as Secretary to the Audit Committee and certain other executive committees, working with the Chair and Chief Financial Officer to agree agendas, issuing papers and minuting meetings.
- To provide comprehensive company secretarial support for corporate restructurings and M&A transactions.
- To lead a Legal Entity Rationalisation programme to reduce the number of legal entities in the Group, ensuring the structure is fit for purpose.
- To draft the Notice of Meeting and ancillary documents for the AGM.
- To draft the Governance Report within the Annual Report and Accounts and support the Deputy Company Secretary in the overall project management of the Annual Report.
- To support adherence to best practice corporate governance requirements particularly in relation to the UK Corporate Governance Code, working with the Group Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary.
- To support the annual review of the Corporate Governance Framework.
- To embed the Delegated Authorities Framework, advising colleagues on authorities.
- To advise on and ensure compliance with the FCA Listing Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Rules including through keeping the JM Share Dealing Code and PDMR’ Dealings Disclosure Code under review and proposing updates when necessary.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Chartered Secretary or Chartered Governance Professional (ACG) qualification
- Minimum 5 years PQE relevant experience working in a company secretarial department of FTSE 100/FTSE250 or AIM listed companies
- Previous experience of working in an international environment with overseas subsidiaries
- Experience drafting the Governance Report as well as Committee and Directors Report; advising the business in relation to the Market Abuse Regulation and reviewing documents to ensure they are aligned to best practice; and experience in leading on contributing to Legal Entity Rationalisation programmes.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online via the 'Apply' button.
For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org