Interim Head of Governance - Not-for-Profit
An exciting opportunity to work as Head of Governance for a well-known charity, on a 3-month basis. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the role will see you make sure that the charity has effective governance arrangements in place while maintaining an internal policy framework. If you are available immediately and have previous experience in a similar role, then do get in touch!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production of reports to the Board of Trustees and Committees and provide full life cycle management to make sure of effective business flow between the Board of Trustees, sub-committees and senior management groups.
- Deliver governance best practice through undertaking an annual Board Effectiveness review and ensure recommendations are implemented and changes in charity law, regulatory guidance and best practice is relevant to the gallery and their approach to governance
- Maintain the gallery’s internal policy framework
- Promote understanding of Data Protection across the gallery and monitor compliance with the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Work with the CFO to manage the annual planning cycle and work alongside the Executive Group and relevant colleagues to review and update the gallery’s Corporate strategy and departmental business plans
Experience and Qualifications:
- Solid experience of corporate governance and/or process and business management in charity, public sector or similar
- Core knowledge of data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act and the UK/EU GDPR, and data privacy risks
- Solid knowledge of corporate and information governance trends, regulation and best practice
Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1959