Senior Assistant Company Secretary
£Attractive + Excellent Benefits, London (West End)
Shaftesbury Capital PLC is a Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) which invests in London’s West End including Covent Garden, Carnaby, Soho, Chinatown and Fitzrovia. Their purpose is investing to create thriving destinations in London’s West End where people enjoy visiting, working and living.
A FTSE-250 company (with a secondary listing on the JSE in South Africa), it has a property portfolio valued at £4.9 billion (June 2023), its lettable space extends to 2.9 million square feet across a diverse mix of restaurants, cafés, bars, shops, residential and offices in the most vibrant areas of London's West End.
Shaftesbury Capital has a five-strong market-leading Legal & Secretariat team, which sits within their Corporate Services team and is based at the Company’s head office in the very heart of bustling Covent Garden. The successful candidate will join the busy Secretariat team, which provides the complete range of governance and company secretarial services to the Board, the Board Committees, its subsidiaries and JVs. The role offers a great opportunity to be involved in the full range of company secretarial matters. The culture is entrepreneurial and high-performing, yet friendly and supportive.
- Supporting the Company Secretary in the full range of corporate governance and company secretarial matters
- Acting as Secretary and providing governance support to the Joint Venture and Health & Safety Committee
- Project managing the AGM, and being a key member of the Annual Report team, including assisting in the preparation of the Governance and Stakeholder Reports
- Statutory and regulatory compliance including maintaining statutory registers and insider lists, drafting subsidiary board minutes and reviewing subsidiary reports and accounts
- Drafting RNS announcements and arranging their release
- Involvement in Share Schemes, Share Dealings, PDMR compliance and HMRC reporting
- Other ad hoc project and transactional work
- Given the breadth of the role, the successful candidate will liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders - from the Finance, Sustainability and Commercial teams within the business, to the share registrars, external and internal auditors and a wide range of other professional advisers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Fully qualified (desirable)
- Experience working in a fast-paced listed environment (or with listed clients)
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation including: UK Corporate Governance Code, Companies Act 2006 and UK listing Regime
- Previous experience using Diligent Entities/Boardbooks, insider list and share schemes software desirable (but not essential)
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
- Pro-active individual and a ‘do-er’; ‘hands on’ and efficient in approach
- A passion for providing best-in-class governance in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Friendly, confident and outgoing style with an ability to build strong working relationships across all levels and functions within the business, including interaction with the Board and Executive Committee.
- Demonstrably strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
The Core Partnership is exclusively retained on this assignment. To find out more, please contact Jon Moores or Laura Wattiau on 020 3589 0333 or email email@example.com quoting Assignment 2199. (Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded to The Core Partnership).
The Core Partnership is a consciously inclusive recruitment agency, and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, gender identity, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
We want to give all our candidates the best opportunity to succeed. If you need any adjustments to be made during the application process, please contact us.
Reference Number: 2199