Our client, an innovative and dynamic asset management business is looking for a Deputy Company Secretary to join its CoSec department. You will be responsible for supporting the Company Secretary at a strategic and operational level to develop the department’s profile and services, drawing on your knowledge of the business’s needs and external industry trends. The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Secretary of top calibre with solid company secretarial experience in a listed environment and ideally within the financial services sector. If you are collaborative, proactive and able to manage a team, then this role might be a great fit!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the process of Company Secretarial elements of any corporate actions such as simplification and liquidation programmes, Group acquisitions, and other corporate actions
- Oversee the production and mailing of the Annual Report
- Take minutes in relation for the UK subsidiaries as required
- Prepare the year-end Audit and Risk Committee report
- Assist the Company Secretary with plc Board meeting and corporate governance matters
- Overseeing and providing advice on the company secretarial processes and governance within Group entities
- Ensure the comprehensive review of each share scheme offered.
- Line manage the more junior members of the team, up to the Senior Assistant Company Secretary
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualified
- Proficient in Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel with working knowledge of Diligent Entities (Blueprint Oneworld), Diligent Boards, InsiderTrack and Microsoft Visio an advantage
- Working knowledge of Companies Act, Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules and Market Abuse Regulation
- Proven experience of working effectively and winning confidence with Board members at plc Board level
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- You will be highly organised and able to work to your own deadlines whilst also providing support to other members of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communicator who can communicate at all levels of the business
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1701