Interim Assistant Company Secretary
Our client, one of the largest financial services providers of its type in the UK, is seeking an Interim Assistant Company Secretary to join its company secretarial team for an interim period of 3 months+. You will be providing support during a busy period on all governance matters, attending and minuting subsidiary Board and Committee meetings and working as part of the team in ensuring regulatory and legal obligations are met. We are looking for a junior ACS with 1-2 years’ experience as well as a senior ACS with 5+ years’ experience ideally in the financial services sector. If you are on a short notice or immediately available to take on a new challenge, then get in touch today.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure best practice, innovation and improvements to the function.
- Use Blueprint to maintain the subsidiary entity governance and ensure statutory filings at submitted in timely manor
- Support the Board and Committee meetings for the Group and Subsidiaries, including minuting the meetings
- Act as company secretarial advisor to the Board and Committees for the regulated and non-regulated entities
- Streamline the Group decision making structure; ensuring the best quality of governance
- Help mentor the more junior members of the team
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA part-/fully qualified
- Experience in a company secretarial functional, preferentially from a Financial Services, Insurance or Asset Management background
- Previous liaison with Board/Committee chairs and non-executive directors
- Pioneered change for best governance practice in a prior role
Personal Qualities and Behaviors
- Positive approach to tasks and situations
- Ability to take ownership over tasks and actions; contributing to the development of oneself and the team
- Highly diligent, someone who will work well in a team or taking own initiative
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1695