We are looking for a Trainee Company Secretary to work with our established company secretarial team based in Exeter. Company Matters, part of Link Group, provide expertise in corporate governance and company secretarial administration to UK and international clients. We are highly a regarded international company secretarial business – and are looking to grow the team. With offices in the UK, Europe and Australasia we support domestic and international clients will all aspects of their company secretarial and governance needs and have a long-standing reputation of providing class-leading services to a mix of premium listed companies, private companies, regulated entities, and investment trusts.
Our award winning business is built on the strength of our team, so hiring people who are as passionate about what they do as we are is essential. We’re here to be the best! To build meaningful relationships with both our colleagues and clients so that we can deliver exceptional value adding service, and to have fun. Both individual and business integrity is crucial to us, along with a sense of humour too.
We’re looking for enthusiastic part and fully qualified Company Secretaries with some relevant work experience, who can connect to this and want to join our team. Our team will suit individuals who are keen to progress their company secretarial careers in a varied and dynamic work place with access to some of the best Company Secretarial training out there, in a collaborative and team-based environment.
Everyone in our team, works with others across a varied portfolio of clients, who are a mix of premium listed companies, private companies, regulated entities, and investment trusts with responsibilities that provide experience to the full company secretarial armoury of skills, including:
- board meeting preparation, including the collation and production of board packs including the use of electronic board portals;
- attendance at board and committee meetings with minute taking responsibilities;
- statutory and regulatory compliance and use of Diligent Entities software platform;
- drafting and releasing of stock exchange announcements;
- assisting and supporting the Annual General Meeting process;
- involvement with the production and project management of Annual Report & Accounts;
- advising and ensuring governance best practice for all clients and internal companies;
- contributing to our internal technical training initiatives and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
Working with us you can expect:
- No two days to be the same.
- A structured, well-trodden career path.
- Full support with both your personal and professional development.
- Access to opportunities outside of the day to day company secretarial work, including our team events, social events, option of attending the events created via our Ahead programme for Governance professional and, charity initiatives.
To be considered for an opportunity in our team you will need:
- To be studying for or have completed The Corporate Governance Institute’s qualifying scheme or MSc in Corporate Governance.
- A friendly, positive disposition and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive and flexible approach to workload.
- High level of accuracy, good attention to detail.
- Business and commercial awareness.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- A willingness to learn and get involved.
Similar searches: Trainee / Internship