Trainee Company Secretary
Our client, a market-leading consultancy with an enviable client list of household names, is seeking to hire an organised trainee company secretary to join their team in Exeter. The role will see that you provide company secretarial support to internal and external clients and proactively contribute to the commercial success of the business. If you are looking to start a career in Co Sec and want to gain exposure to a multitude of clients, and also be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities this would be a great role for you. They are looking for a friendly individual who is eager to learn and develop, who has lots of energy and drive. If you think this is you, please apply!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of own performance and for acquiring skills necessary to carry out the job
- Understand and contribute to achieving the vision set out by team leaders and look for opportunities to lead within the direct team.
- Effectively build and manage effective relationships with colleagues and be able to identify and engage with other key individuals/contacts
- Ensure that all weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery/internal processes are reported to a manager and recorded
- Read and understand the company policies and procedures required for the job and keep up to date with amendments
- Identify and develop an understanding of core company business structures, processes, management and own discipline
- Ensure that all time charged is justified and is in line with internal policies/procedures
- Develop and maintain an understanding of any relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification
- Have started the CSQS qualification, or hold the LLM in Corporate Governance
- Solid IT skills
- Basic knowledge of the principles around UK company law, regulation and best practice.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and to work under pressure
- Capacity to work well in a team
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call!