UK law places unique demands on PLCs and the teams that manage them. This intensive course, delivered by experts, covers the essential knowledge and activities of the successful company secretary.
What you get
By the end of the day you will understand:
- The core duties of the company secretary in a listed business
- The relevant legal and regulatory frameworks including listing, disclosure and transparency rules
- Best practice in corporate governance
- Key relationships – including working with the board and investor relations
- Techniques for key tasks – including taking minutes, managing share plans and year-end activities
- See the full programme below for further details
You will also receive:
- A delegate pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- A certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription to The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (see below)
- 6 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Your complimentary 6-month professional subscription
We support our attendees long after they complete the course. Your professional subscription includes a subscription to G+C Magazine, as well as access to briefings, discounts and our knowledge base. An automatic email will be sent to you after your attendance.
Get your copy of Company Secretary's Handbook, 12th edition and Company Secretary's Checklists, 11th edition
Delegates to this course get the opportunity to buy the accompanying books. For more info about our books, please visit our book shop.