Do you need a more introductory level?
You may be interested in the first part of this course, however, anyone in a company secretary's role is welcome to attend. (Those working in the not-for-profit sector may prefer The Role of the Charity Secretary.)
The course leaders use interactive case studies and course notes to reinforce key topics. There is also an opportunity to discuss specific issues concerning your organisation.
What you get
By the end of the day you will understand:
- How to get the most out of board and committee meetings
- Best practice in agenda setting and preparing board papers
- The importance of minutes and written resolutions
- Document retention and document retention policies
- How information should flow to and from the board
- Key issues around shares and shareholder relationships
You will also receive:
- The tools and resources to find out what company secretarial procedures should be followed and when
- A delegate Pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- A certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription to The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (see below)
- 6.5 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Your complimentary 6-month professional subscription
We support our attendees long after they complete the course. Your professional subscription includes a subscription to G+C Magazine, as well as access to briefings, discounts and our knowledge base. An automatic email will be sent to you after your attendance.
Go further – and save 15% on this course
This course is complemented by The Role of the Company Secretary: Part 1. Save 15% when you book both courses. Call 020 7580 4741 or contact us to find out more.
Get your copy of Company Secretary's Handbook, 12th edition and Company Secretary's Checklists, 11th edition
Delegates to this course get the opportunity to buy the accompanying books. For more info about our books, please visit our book shop.