Business Management in Practice, 2nd edition
Authors: Dr Philip Kelly, Michelle Weipers
Published: December 2019 | ISBN: 9781860727795
This study text has been written for students preparing for The Chartered Governance Institute’s Level 5 qualifications in International Finance and Administration.
The text covers the syllabus for the Business Management in Practice module and is structured to help in planning a programme of study. Learning outcomes linked to the syllabus are highlighted to help students focus on the examination requirements for the module.
All texts in the range follow a standard format and include features to encourage active learning and to help students apply principles and theory to real-life business situations, including:
- case law and case examples
- stop and think scenarios
- worked examples
- test yourself review questions and answers
- glossaries of key terms
The text provides an excellent guide for students, but also serves as a useful reference for anyone who needs an accessible and practical introduction to the subject.
1. What is management and what is the role of the manager?
3. Organisational behaviour
4. Organising the workforce
5. Organising work – business functions and processes
6. Enabling work – integrated systems and technology
7. Analysing the environment
8. Developing strategy
9. Realising strategy
10. Managing innovation and the entrepreneurial organisation
11. Managing change
12. Global management