What exactly is a company? How is it set up? How does it work? This straightforward course starts from the beginning, using practical examples and exercises. Delegates will come away with a thorough grounding in company law and the role of the secretarial team.
Everyone’s at a similar stage and no prior knowledge is assumed.
What you get
By the end of the day you will understand:
- Company law, and the legal and regulatory framework
- The roles of the company secretariat
- Shares, capital and the stock exchange
- The role, duties and liabilities of directors
- Techniques and tips on the execution of key compliance tasks, including filing
statutory documents, keeping registers and organising the company AGM (see the full programme below)
You will also receive:
- A delegate pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- A certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription to The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (see below)
- 6 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Your complimentary 6-month professional subscription
We support our attendees long after they complete the course. Your professional subscription includes a subscription to G+C Magazine, as well as access to briefings, discounts and our knowledge base. An automatic email will be sent to you after your attendance.
Get your copy of company Secretary's Checklists, 11th edition and Company Secretary's Handbook, 12th edition
Delegates to this course get the opportunity to buy the accompanying books. For more info about our books, please visit our book shop.