Authors: Douglas Armour, Santhie Goundar, Kelly Padwick, Lee Roach
Published: July 2018 | ISBN: 9781860727337
Please note, the nominated study resources for the June 2021 Foundation Programme exam session will be found in your MyCG in PDF format in January 2021. This is a previous edition published in July 2018. We will not be updating the paperback edition.
Designed for those at the start of their journey to becoming a Chartered Secretary or Governance Professional, our Foundation Programme provides an introduction to how organisations can be structured to achieve their objectives and the legal, regulatory and compliance frameworks they need to navigate. It also introduces how organisations track and manage their finances to aid effective decision making and ensure future success.
This study text details all you need to know to qualify for a Foundation Programme Certificate and entry to the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme. It contains:
Find out how to register for the Foundation Programme.
Part One – Introducing the business environment
1. Introducing organisations
2. The wider organisational context
Part Two – Introduction to law
3. Purposes and classification of the law
4. Administration of the law
5. Sources of law
6. Company law and governance framework
7. Law and business
Part Three – Principles of company compliance and administration
8. How companies are structured
9. Records management, filing requirements and document retention
Part Four – Introduction to finance and accounting
11. Revenue, costs and profit
12. Financial accounting and management
13. Management accounting
14. Introduction to financial decision making